Aim of Course
Do you want to add to your qualifications? Or specialise in a highly rewarding area? Then an electrolysis qualification is the perfect choice.
Despite the advent of laser, electrolysis is still widely sought as the most effective method of permanent hair removal. This is due to its ability to successfully treat all clients regardless of hair colour or skin pigmentation. Once you have qualified and have gained some experience you can go on to specialise in advanced techniques such as red vein , skin tag and milia removal.
This highly skilled treatment is taught on a part time basis and its aim is to enable a candidate to perform a safe and effective form of permanent hair removal to the highest clinical standards.
This course is run on a Monday evening from 4.30-6.30pm + Thursday mornings 9am-12.30pm commencing on the 24th of October 2016
A detailed study of the anatomy of the hair and follicle. Causes of superfluous hair both normal and abnormal, and permanent and temporary removal of unwanted hair.
- Electrical epilation of hair by needle to include all suitable face and body areas:
- Client consultion and analysis
- Care and maintenance of equipment
- After care and advice for clients
- Management of hair growth between treatments
- Electrolysis, Thermolysis and the blend
- Contra-indications to treatment
- Skin Care
- Direct and high frequency currents
- Electrical components e.g. fuse, capacitor etc.
- Safety precautions when using electrical equipment
- The atom
- Care and maintenance of appliance
- Conductors and insulators
- Suitable disposal method for needles and cotton wool
- Autoclaving and other suitable methods of sterilisation
- Personal hygiene, the importance of hand washing and use of diposable gloves