The CIDESCO Diploma in Beauty Therapy is recognised as the HIGHEST standard of excellence in the world.
As a result, a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the following areas is requires by CIDESCO for each of their prospective graduates. The course content can be divided into three main sections- Facial Therapy, Body Therapy and Electrolysis.
Students must undertake at least 1200 hours of training in practical & theoretical work before sitting exams. Upon completion students take their exams which consist of the following:
- Beauty Therapy Examination incorporating face, body and waxing
- Additional Subject from the approved schedule
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Thesis of at least 4000 words is also required.
In addition to the three syllabi as listed on the individual sheets, CIDESCO. requires all students to choose an additional subject and present a thesis at the time of the examinations.
This subject must be a treatment, which is carried out for the examiner during the course of the practical examinations. The treatment can be chosen from a variety of areas outside the students basic syllabus for example.
- Nail Extensions
- Specialised Manicure/Pedicure
- Eye Treatments
- Anti-stress Massage
- Nail Art
- Specialised Facial Treatments
- Cellulite Treatments
- Bust Treatments
- Hot Stone Massage
Your thesis should be something you could leave in your salon waiting room for your clients to read and enjoy. It should be informative and enjoyable to read. The CIDESCO thesis must be written on a subject directly related to the beauty therapy industry.
The following guidelines have been given to us by CIDESCO to assist us in our evaluation:
The subject matter must be from individual research and not copied from school study notes. Case histories may be included in the project.
The project may be illustrated by artwork, collage, photographs etc (N.B. Only include drawings etc. of a high standard, laser photocopy photographs, illustrations etc. to give a more professional look.)
A bibliography should be made showing where the student obtained information e.g. if you obtain information from books you must record the book’s title and authors name, if you take information from the internet you must list the website address.
An index, introduction and conclusion must be included.
To apply for a Beauty Therapy Course
- Firstly click on our Brochure link which will unlock all our course content.
- Just click on Request a call back so we arrange for you to come and meet us and view our amazing facilities.
- Your beautiful career awaits you! If you have any queries you can also contact us on [email protected]