Body Electrical Treatments Course
(Students must have already obtained a recognised qualification in Anatomy, Physiology & Body Massage).
This course provides the body masseuse/ part time student with an opportunity to qualify as a body therapist through the practical use of body electrical treatments. This widens your scope of employment with a salon and spa.
Aim of Course
To enable you as a massage therapist to expand your skills to include body contouring treatments to the highest clinical standards. This course is run 1.5 days per week from 13th of March until Mid-June 2018
A detailed study of the practical and theoretical use of four key body contouring/toning machines.
- NMES/Faradic – for reducing inches and toning and strengthening the body’s muscles
- G5 – Gyratory Massager – for deeper more penetrative massage to alliviate tension and also to break down pockets of stubborn fat and cellulite
- Vacuum Suction – for eliminating excess fluids and breaking down soft fat and draining away toxins for filtration
- Body Galvanic- for deeply penetrating active products into the skin to break down cellulite through a stimulating diuretic action
- Client consultation with detailed body analysis and diagnosis of key issues
- Postural checks/BMI/measurements
- Practice of all four machines on all body areas
- Pre heat methods
- Underpinning knowledge of the anatomy & physiology of the body
- Care and maintenance of equipment
- After care and advice for clients
- Creation of customised treatment plans
- Contra-indications to treatment
- Skin Care
- Direct and high frequency currents
- Electrical components e.g. fuse, capacitor etc.
- Safety precautions when using electrical equipment
- The atom
- Care and maintenance of appliance
- Conductors and insulators
- Hygienic practices
- Machine preparation and hygienic storage of materials